Scientect’s vision is of a society where citizens are scientifically literate and where the vital role of science and research in national development is fully realised and valued. We aim to achieve this by creating platforms to broadcast science, technology, research and expert opinions to the general public.
We accept articles on topics from all academic disciplines including the life sciences, physical and formal sciences, business, arts and design, social sciences and humanities.
The readers of our scholarly blog scientect.org are the general public, research professionals, lab managers and technicians, medical scientists, forensic scientists, neuroscientists, engineers, public health experts, health psychologists, social scientists, lawyers, food scientists and agriculturists, biotechnologists, business managers and entrepreneurs in various fields.
Articles submitted to Scientect must meet the following requirements:
- Include the author’s name, a clear and concise title, objective of the article, a 35‐word author biography, address, phone, and email.
- Be written in third person
- Be objective and concise
- Not more than 1,000 words
- Maximum of 2-3 images/graphics to illustrate the text
- Text file type: Microsoft Word
- Should not have been published previously, and should not be before another publisher for consideration. (NB. All submissions are subject to review and editing. The editorial team makes all decisions regarding publication of articles)
Authors are responsible for:
- Internal clearance of articles submitted to Scientect
- All statements made in the article
- Obtaining permission for illustrations and data previously published
Images and Graphics
- Images should be at least 1280 X 720
- Source of image and captions must be provided
- A max of 3 images, figures, and tables can be used in an article
- References must be numbered in the main text inside square brackets 
- Works cited should be listed at the end of the text
Articles should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org